2020-2021 Suspension of Exchanges Due to COVID-19
Sadly because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to suspend the District 5450 Rotary Youth Exchange program for the 2020-21 academic year. There will be no inbound or outbound academic year exchanges during that school year. Those outbound students that were accepted and placed in a host country for that year have been informed of this decision and have been advised of the option(s) available in the future.
It is our intention to restart the program for the 2021-22 academic year and the short-term program in summer 2021, barring unforeseen circumstances related to the pandemic. See the Calendar for dates related to next year’s exchange deadlines. (Dates will be released by the end of the summer, applications and interviews are held in the fall for the next school year).
About Rocky Mountain Rotary Youth Exchange
Rocky Mountain Rotary Youth Exchange is made up of volunteers from Rotary District 5450. Our Rotary District is geographically centered by the Denver-metro area and extends along the I-25 corridor from Mead to Castle Rock and extends from Summit County and Grand County in the west to Fort Morgan and Brush in the east. The map to the right shows the counties in Colorado that make up each of the Rotary Districts.
If you are interested in going abroad or becoming involved with Rotary Youth Exchange and you do not live in our district, you will need to contact your local Rotary District.
- Northern Colorado/Rotary District 5440: Cowboy Country Youth Exchange
- Southern Colorado and Western Slope/Rotary District 5470: Mountain and Plains Rotary Youth Exchange
- Outside of Colorado: Look up your closest Rotary Club on Rotary.org
- Google your Rotary District number, listed in one of the maps below, and “Rotary Youth Exchange”. You can view the maps in more detail by
- Learn more about Rotary Youth Exchange